This recipe is my twist on one I found on Gina’s SKINNY TASTE site years ago.
It’s so easy and loaded with veggies and I love the rotini in it, but it would be delicious without it or add some broth to it and make it into a veggie soup!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 12 oz bags Three Pepper and Onion Blend, Kroger frozen brand or 4 large colorful bell peppers and 1 large onion, all sliced thin and coarsely chopped.
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium zucchini cut in half length wise and sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow squash cut in half length wise and sliced thin
- 2 - 3 15 oz cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano I use the Red Gold brand, add 3 cans if you like a lot of tomatoes!
- 1 - 2 tbsp Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups dry Barilla Plus Rotini pasta cook and set aside
- Prepare all of the veggies...if using the frozen peppers and onions, thaw in the microwave and drain the excess moisture.
- Add the olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and if using fresh, saute until tender. The frozen blend will already be soft enough.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini and squash and continue cooking until tender.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning and simmer together for 5 - 10 minutes, taste for seasoning.
- Add the cooked rotini pasta, folding it in to combine and warm through and serve!