These delicious, easy to make wraps are a healthy lunch, dinner or snack option to have on hand for those times you are craving something a little Southwest!
In the video I mention using a little sour cream, which you can, but I did not include it in the recipe as I haven’t been including it when I make them now.
Enjoy and I encourage you to simply use this recipe as a guide to create something that satisfies your taste buds!
Southwest Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice I like the Mexican blend
- seasoning of your choice I like Adobo and Fajita seasonings from Penzeys
- 12 large tortillas of your choice I LOVE the Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber
- Dice the chicken, onions and cilantro and place in a medium large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the beans and corn, add them to the bowl.
- Drain the tomatoes in a colander and press out as much moisture as possible, add to the bowl.
- Add the shredded cheese and mix well, season to taste.
- Fill each tortilla with about 3/4 cup of the mixture and fold burrito style.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate or freeze.
Heating Up To Eat!
- If wrap is THAWED, remove foil, wrap with a paper towel and place on a plate and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes at 70% power. Check and add more time if needed.
- If wrap is FROZEN, remove foil, wrap in paper towel and place on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes at 30% power, add 1 minutes intervals at 50% power until warmed.
Easy grab n go lunch to have on hand in your freezer or fridge!