I never met a soup I didn’t like and this one is no exception!
I give full credit to The Family Freezer for this healthy, delicious, easy, prepare ahead – freeze – thaw – to the crockpot soup…
Confession, I made a couple tweaks. I did adjust the quantity of Italian seasoning a bit along with the salt and I had two zucchini on hand, so I diced them up and added them in as well…it was a good move.
This was a perfect game day lunch and I froze the leftovers into individual servings for those busy, “what’s for dinner…or lunch” days.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 gallon size freezer bag
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry wild rice - uncooked
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomaotes, undrained
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 quart beef broth (added at day of cooking)
To Freeze and Cook Later:
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT the broth to the freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal and freeze.
- Thaw the night before in the fridge or in a bowl of water in the morning.
- Add contents to the crockpot, along with the broth.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, stir to combine and break up the beef.
- Season to taste and serve with crusty bread!