This recipe is SO good and beyond easy…I have it on hand MOST of the time!
Each batch makes 12 cups of soup, 6 generous servings. I sometimes portion into individual servings and freeze but this soup disappears quickly so no freezing needed.
This is as clean as soup can get and adding in a protein of your choice is so easy to do…like I always say….make it your own!
Cabbage Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium cabbage head chopped
- 1 large celery bunch chopped
- 1 - 2 pounds carrots sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- seasonings of your choice
- Prepare all of the vegetables and divide them all in half.
- Add one half of the vegetables into an Instant Pot or slow cooker, along with one can of diced tomatoes, one quart of broth and seasoning of your choice.
- Add the other half of vegetables into a gallon freezer bag along with the remaining can of tomatoes and seasonings. Mark on the bag to add one quart of broth when ready to cook, press air from the bag and freeze.
- Cook for 15 minutes in the Instant Pot or 6 hours in the slow cooker. Test for seasonings when finished and adjust to taste.
- This can also be simmered on the stove top, stirring occasionally.