Quesadillas are quick, easy and perfect as a snack or light meal. It’s even better when you have a supply on hand in the freezer ready to go when you really aren’t in the mood to be “creative”. I promise you there are endless combinations for fillings, so use your imagination combining ingredients you like…in the meantime, here’s a recipe that has become one of my client’s favorites!
I’ve also included a short video tutorial on how I wrap them for the freezer… enjoy!
- 16 7-8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 pound chicken breast, grilled or baked, diced I have used Trader Joe's Grilled Chicken Strips
- 1 14.5 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies If you like more heat, add some jalapenos!
- 1 15 oz can refried beans I use fat free, totally your choice
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed I omit for the non bean eaters
- 1 cup shredded cheese I like the Mexican blend, again, your choiceI like the Mexican blend, again, your choice
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide equally onto 8 tortillas.
- Top with 2 T of cheese and cover with additional tortilla.
- Wrap and freeze, or heat in a skillet, the oven or the microwave and enjoy!