I just so happen to click on TikTok one morning and low and behold, this gal was holding the chunkiest, full of good stuff cookie that she claimed was good for your gut and helped with, you know…”going”.
I think you know by now that baking is not my favorite thing to do in the World, but these seemed worth the mission and they WERE!
They are dense and chewy, but crunchy at the same time and so satisfying! The original recipe was for 8 cookies and I easily got 12 out of it.
Please be sure to read in the notes for a little bit of a decadent version that you will definitely want to try!
I would love to know if you make these so give me a shout if you do!
Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup oats, quick cooking or old fashioned
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetend
- 1/4 cup maple syrup use REAL, not Log Cabin!
- 3 plus Tbsp milk of choice I used unsweeted almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil I use MCT oil
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a small bowl and then add to the dry mix. If mixture seems too dry, add a little more milk.
- Mix well and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop and portion into 12 cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 16 - 18 minutes, remove from oven, cool on a rack and enjoy!
- I store mine in the fridge in a plastic container.