It’s really hot outside…but you want to serve burgers…
These are such a great, healthy alternative to firing up the grill when it’s 93 degrees outside!
I always make 12 burgers but this recipe is easy to multiply or divide into the quantity of meat you want to use and the size burgers you want to make too.
I like to take a small spoonful of the final seasoned mixture and microwave it to taste it for seasoning before I make the patties…to see if I need to add anything else.
As I always say, use seasonings you like! You could even divide the mixture into 2 or 3 portions and add different flavor profiles to each!
Turkey Zucchini Burgers
- 3 pounds ground turkey I use 85 /15
- 3 medium zucchini finely grated
- 3/4 cup dried bread crumbs regular or gluten free
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce, coconut aminos, hot sauce, etc.
- seasonings of choice...use your imagination! Italian, Mexican, garlic, onion, pepper flakes, etc.
- Grate the zucchini and add all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- I use gloves and mix really well with my hands.
- Portion into 12 burgers, either by hand or with a ring mold, and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large non stick skillet...I love my Scanpan...over medium heat and brown both sides of the burgers.
- Place the browned burgers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and finish in a 350 oven for 30 minutes. Check burger temperature to be sure it has reached 165.
- Serve immediately or cool and package to freeze or serve later.
- When serving later, warm in a low oven or in the microwave.