I LOVE quinoa and this salad is one of my favorite summer…or anytime…salads.
As always, I like to make quantities that will last several days or so I have enough to share with a friend or family.
I’ve cooked quinoa in my Instant Pot, my rice cooker and on the stovetop but to keep things simple, here is a link for stovetop instructions that will show you just how easy it is.
I do think you will enjoy exploring that site and all of my vegetarian friends out there, I think you’ll really like what you find!
You might want to cut this recipe in half the first time around so you can see just how much it does make and remember, MAKE IT YOUR OWN!
Add ingredients you like to substitute for those you don’t! There are no rules here!
Enjoy and PLEASE let me know if you do give this a try!
Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- 4 1/2 cups quinoa all golden or a blend with red quinoa
- 9 cups water
- 1 medium red onion diced fine
- 2 medium red bell peppers diced fine
- 1 large English cucumber, unpeeled diced fine
- 4 stalks celery diced fine
- 2 small yellow squash diced fine
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1 - 2 bunches cilantro or parsley chopped fine
- 1 - 2 cups vinaigrette dressing of your choice
- Prepare the quinoa and cool. I've included a link in the post with an easy stove top method!
- Prepare all of the vegetables. I do this a day ahead sometimes, then combine everything tpgether the next day.
- In a very large bowl, add in the vegetables and then the quinoa. Gently fold to combine.
- Add your dressing a little at a time until it has the consistency that you like. I don't care for a really "wet" salad so this method works great.
- Taste for seasonings and chill!
- This salad will hold for almost a week in the fridge!