I was hooked after my very first serving…
This recipe is actually from an Indianapolis Junior League cookbook that was published YEARS ago and was given to me as a gift by the hostess that served this fresh twist on salad.
Eating in season is so great…visit your farmer’s market, pick up the vegetables and make this bowl of summer goodness and have a party!
Summer Corn Salad
- 4 cups corn kernels about 8 cooked ears
- 1 large sweet onion diced fine
- 2 medium zucchini unpeeled and diced
- 1 bunch green onion sliced fine
- 1 large red bell pepper diced fine
- 1 large green bell pepper diced fine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped fine...may substitute cilantro
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 2 t sugar
- 1 t ground cumin
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup light olive oil or canola oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- In a large bowl, mix the corn thru the parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Gently toss the dressing with the vegetables.
- Chill 8 hours before serving.