Sometimes you need to change things up. Try something new.
While staring into my pantry trying to get inspired, I noticed the 2 large sweet potatoes looking at me that I bought last week. It’s finally feeling “summer-ish” here, so salad always comes to my mind. They were crying to be used, so my mission was ON.
You really can find everything on the internet…just ask Google a couple questions and WAH LAH…answers…sometimes WAY more than you want or need.
I typed in sweet potato salad and found what I was looking for…something clean, simple and had ingredients I already had on hand. My recipe is a tad different from the original recipe, but still close.
Enjoy and put your own twist on it…I’m thinking some diced jalapenos will make it into mine the next time!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 very large sweet potatoes peeled and cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t salt and pepper
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced small
- 1 cup corn I used 2 ears of cooked corn on the cob...can use thawed frozen or canned
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped finely
- 3 T hemp hearts great to add in for so many healthy reasons!
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T lemon or lime juice
- 1 T honey or agave use 2 T if you like a bit more sweetness
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper optional, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss cubed sweet potatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper, spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, check and if fork tender, remove, or add more time if needed.
- While potatoes are roasting, combine beans, pepper, onion, corn, cilantro and hemp hearts in a medium bowl and make the dressing.
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes and the dressing and toss. taste for seasoning.