My Mom has such a fond memory around that question, “who wants pancakes?”
I’ll save that story for another time, but I will say, every time I make pancakes, I always make a point of asking that question out loud, even if I’m the only one in the room!
These gluten free, dairy free, protein packed alternative to a box mix are certainly worth trying. The recipe makes 20 medium size pancakes…two are missing from the photo due to taste testing by Joe and I!
After I had my serving of 5 pancakes, I put the remaining cakes in a plastic container and popped them into the fridge. They will reheat beautifully in the microwave, toaster or oven.
If you love pancakes but tend to avoid them because of those “empty” calories, I do hope you will give these a try! They WILL satisfy that craving and they will do your body GOOD!
And by the way, if you have a healthy version of a recipe you like OR would like a modification to one you use, but aren’t sure where to start, I would LOVE to hear from you and help you with that!
Power Protein Pancakes GF, DF
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites I buy them in a carton in the egg aisle
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy I use Santa Cruz Organic No Stir
- 2 Tbls coconut flour I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- oil for the skillet I use MCT oil
- Put all of the ingredients into a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup and blend with an immersion blender or use a regular blender to combine.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat and brush with oil.
- Pour about a 3 inch diameter circle for each pancake, better to be smaller than too big and don't crowd them in your pan!
- After bubbles start to appear on the top, flip over and cook for just a minute. The cakes are thin and won't take long.
- Place on a wire rack to cool or serve immediately!