I’m NOT a baker…you can’t wing it, you must measure…no “by gosh or by golly” when making baked goods.
But after helping numerous women get their health…and waistline back…I learned that having a healthy alternative to something from Krispy Kreme or Dunkin’ was a game changer. So I went to work…
This recipe uses a product I endorse and love...ZEN Fuze..a superior protein powder I use in my daily life and is a key component in my health coaching program.
After lots of ingredient tweaking and several batches of test runs, this recipe is a winner. The flavor is wonderfully chocolaty, but not too sweet and goes great with a cup of tea or coffee or as a quick grab and go from the fridge.
Make a batch….no, make two batches….one in the 24 muffin size and another in the 48 mini muffin size. Pop them into quart size freezer bags, freeze and have them on hand when you are craving “that little something.”
Make sure to read the NOTES in the recipe…with 3 substitutions, you can make a different flavor muffin! I have both on hand at all times…
Set yourself up to WIN and make progress 1% at a time…
ZEN Chocolate Chip Muffins - Gluten Free
- 4 scoops ZEN Fuze Chocolate Dream
- 1 cup Namaste Gluten Free flour I found at Costco
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 3/4 cup hemp hearts available at Costco
- 1/2 cup Navitas Cacao powder available at Costco
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree not pie filling!
- 1 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla or almond extract use the real thing!
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp coconut oil I use MCT coconut oil, available at Costco too
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips semi sweet are my choice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Measure and combine all of the dry ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Measure and combine all of the wet ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl
- Add the dry mix into the wet mixture and stir well to combine.
- Lightly spray or oil the muffin cups you are using.
- Portion evenly into 24 cupcake size or 48 mini size silicone muffin cups. I use a cookie batter scoop which works great!
- Place the filled cups onto a baking rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 min for cupcake size, 15 min for the mini size.
- Cool and store in the fridge or freezer.