This is a great twist on classic lasagna…a bit of a casserole version of chicken fettuccine in a way…so what’s not to love!
Before creating a gluten free cream of celery soup to use in this recipe, I had always used Healthy Request Cream of Celery or Mushroom soup, but they aren’t gluten free. I know there are some of you that might shudder at the thought of using a canned soup, but actually the nutritional numbers were quite acceptable and the end result was great.
You can get the homemade gluten free Cream of Celery soup recipe right here, or forge ahead with the canned soup…it’s up to you.
I added in the notes but didn’t include in the recipe ingredients that a bit of dry sherry added to the soup is really nice…you should try it!
Have fun and as always, make it your own!
White Chicken Lasagna
- Immersion blender
- 1 16 oz cottage cheese, low fat
- 4 oz cream cheese, 1/3 less fat
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, part skim reserve 1 cup for spreading on top
Meat Sauce Mixture
- 1 recipe Cream of Celery soup....recipe link in post or 2 cans of Healthy Request Cream of Celery or Mushroom soup + 1 can water
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cooked and diced small
- 8 sheets Barilla No Boil Lasagna Sheets, regular or gluten free
Preparing The Ingredients
- In a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup, add all of the cheese mixture ingredients, except for 1 cup of the shredded Mozzarella.
- Using an immersion blender, blend just until smooth.
- Make the celery soup or combine water with the canned soup and set aside.
- Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the soup and set aside.
- Combine remaining soup with the diced chicken and stir until well mixed.
Putting It All Together
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a square, deep dish foil poultry pan, line with foil in both directions, spray with non stick spray or use non stick foil.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the reserved soup on the bottom of the pan.
- Place 2 lasagna sheets, add 1/3 of the cheese mix, 1/3 of the chicken/soup mix.
- Repeat 2 more times, alternating the direction of the lasagna sheets and ending with 2 lasagna sheets on top.
- Cover the last 2 lasagna sheets with the remaining soup and shredded cheese.
- Cover with non stick foil and bake for 1 hour, remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until golden brown.